Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

In the Beginning (1800-1870) - Activity One

 Facts about the people who Arrived in New Zealand.

Kia ora Bloggers, and today i'm going to talk about (The beginning in 1800 and 1870). Did you know that the fist people that went to New Zealand was from Polynesia. People from other places may think that they went in New Zealand over for 700 years ago, "OH! MY! GOSH!" There culture was Maori. WOW!! They are from many many MANY countries, Unbelievable.


Facts About Maui.
There was a SPECIAL man that was maybe a myth and his was MAUI. I'm going to write down 3 facts about MAUI.

Fact - One  / There is a story about Maui and he had to capture the sun with his brothers, and the way how he captured it is with there hooks.


Fact - Two  / Did you know they putted in Maui in a Disney movie well as was called Moana. 


Fact - Three  / Did you also know that Maui was a part of the gods.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel,
    Its me Laycen and I want to say I really like the way you set out the doc/post and The introduction to the post. I also wish you the best of luck in the summer learning journey. Kind regards, Laycen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laycen and I really appreciate the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia orana Daniel,

    Thank you for sharing those facts, I like the way you organised them into bullet points to make it easier to read. It’s so awesome that Māui was included in ‘Moana’, it makes me proud as a polynesian to see our stories reach the world through ‘Moana’. Perhaps next time you could add some pictures to accompany your writing, I’m sure readers would love to see what the mighty Māui looks like.

    I remember reading a heap of stories about Māui, like the one where he slowed down the naughty sun who made the days ridiculously short. I think Māui’s amazing and very brave, do you know any other stories about Māui?

    I like the facts you posted, however the activity does say to share three facts you learned after the reading the story linked ‘Māui and the Giant Fish’. Please edit your post to include three more facts that you learned from reading the story, as I would love to give you full points!

    Here is the link: (copy and paste into the address bar)

    http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/Maui-and-the-giant-fish

    I look forward to reading more of your writing about Māui, keep up the good work!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete